As part of the Office of Student Life & Ministry, The Campus Ministry Center at St. Rita of Cascia High School is to build a strong, healthy, Christian community based upon ideals of the Gospel and the Order of St. Augustine. We strive to instill within each Ritaman the Augustinian core values of Truth, Unity and Love.
The Mission of The Campus Ministry Center is fulfilled by helping each young Ritaman recognize and develop his own unique gifts and talents and to develop those gifts and talents to their fullest potential. The student body is a faith community that seeks to grow in love of God and neighbor.
Campus Ministry Team
The Campus Ministry Center encourages all members of the St. Rita Family to take an active role our school faith community. We aim to foster a sense of belonging and mutual respect among all members of our school. Our goal is to instill a love of God and of all God’s people. St. Rita of Casica High School offers a unique spiritual life experience through a wide range of activities, including:
- Daily all school morning, midday and afternoon prayers.
- A weekly Novena to St. Rita every Thursday morning at 10:25a.m.
- Daily Optional Morning Mass, as well as weekly All School Masses, including all Holy Days of Obligation.
- Reconciliation and prayer services during Advent and Lent.
- Annual retreats of all students, faculty and staff members, including Kairos during each Ritaman’s Junior or Senior year.
- Sacramental preparation for those wishing to receive the Sacraments of Initiation to the Catholic Church.
- Awareness weeks for various spiritual and social justice topics.
- Discernment opportunities for those feeling called to the religious life.
Service to Others
As a Catholic community, Ritamen are called to participate actively in their Christian identity by serving those most marginalized. The student led Knights of Augustine fraternal order strives to embody the Augustinian core values through active prayer and service to others.
- Voluntary Thursday morning mission collections annually raise nearly $10,000 for missions in Peru.
- Students are encouraged to educate themselves and the St. Rita community about social issues in the world.
- All students are required to complete service hours in the Freshman and Sophomore Years through our Reflective Outward Service Experience, R.O.S.E. Program.
- All students are required to complete a Caritas Project that begins in the Junior Year and is completed in the first semester of the Senior Year.
- Responsibility, respect and tolerance are integral parts of daily St. Rita life.